Saturday, June 11, 2005

Two Etudes

I

Oh let me melt in Spring and see again
Your unreservèd smile - a coat of sweet
Nectar your finger brushed and counterbrushed
An infinite times on my finite lips.
In ignorant generousity you gave,
And I received with deliberate greed,
Drowning every taste bud with that summer drink,
Then sucking dry my lips, craving for more.
But now that you are departed, my tongue,
Licking around my autumn lips, can taste
Nothing but anesthetic bitterness.
Paralyzed between water and earth, I'll
Remain frozen in wintry sleep, until
My crave is indulged by that fervent touch.

II

I am a mortal god and I possess
The power to create Life - a drop of
My godly blood explodes to create Time
And Space, memory, desire and science.
My presence fills all space and time, but I
Am rendered helpless by your absence; and
I know not what to do, but can only
Dedicate each new universe to you.
And now, lying beside the candle light,
A quick lightning of the blade, and a brief
Thunder of pain before the slow bloodfall,
I ask: how many universes and stars,
Suns and moons, turmoils, diseases and death
Must be made before you return to me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home